Pages

Search blog and web

Getting flack for being a SAHM :(

For a little background, I suggest you read this post.

I love being a SAHM and taking care of kids and hubby but I have gotten so many mean remarks from other women that I sometimes feel down. My kids are twins, boy and a girl both 4.

Just the other day I was out grocery shopping with my little ones and happened to meet a girl I knew from HS that has managed to do very well for herself. However, she started putting down my choice to be a SAHM in a subtle yet mean way.

I went up and talked to her and noticed once she saw my kids she said "Hmm...Seems like you have quite the family life" so I explained that I love taking care of my kids and staying home then she said "Well..Whatever works for you, I prefer making a difference in the world, I'm clmbing the coporate ladder and plan to do a lot with my life". As if I am not?

After that we kinda parted ways but it put me in a bad mood. I can't imagine leaving my children at a daycare or raising some latchkey kids! I know many women have to work, but for me I do have a choice and love it, so why do so many other women try to put us down?

Here I thought Feminism was all about women being able to make choices how they live, yet it's created a large rift between "traditional moms" (which feminism views as bad and less than) and "working moms" (which feminism always loves to parade when there's a new female CEO or something).




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment