Pages

Search blog and web

Dating after divorce and abuse.

My divorce was Feb. 22nd. I am happy to be out of his control, lying, cheating, abusive ways.

So,, I am talking to and sorta seeing someone else, who is also just out of a marriage (she gave the ILYBINILWY speech).

We have kept it slow, just more so as friends to get to know each other... but about a month ago, it turned sexual. Which we can have dinner at his place, watch a movie and I will go home, we don't have sex every time we're together.

We get along great, until I have a "bad day"... I get triggers, and I fight anxiety a big part of the day from my ex's Narc abuse.. I maybe have 1 or 2 bad days a month, which I didn't think was too severe.??

And when I have my "moods",, my new friend shuts down and shuts me out. He won't talk to me like he used to before we got "involved". He will say he feels bad about what my ex put me through, but says I "let" him get in my head (for no reason)... and I am the only one who can control that.

He is a very sweet attentive man,, while things are going good. But I worry he won't be supportive of me in the long run as I will have bad days, and triggers for a long time.

Should I just work through my bad days on my own, and just not contact him about it, since we are not committed? Or should I try to talk to him hoping he will understand what I go through?
Or, is this a red flag that he is not interested in really getting to know me, the good and bad?

I know it is also a little "soon" for me to be dating after an abusive relationship.. I am not looking for someone to make me happy. I have to do that myself. I just enjoy his company and talking.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment