Pages

Search blog and web

Reason vs Emotion: Should I try to win him back?

I had, what I guess is the best way to describe it as, a fling with another guy that I had hoped would get more serious a few months ago. We were fooling around and hanging out for about 3 months and I really developed strong feelings for him.

We met through our student group and after we started seeing each other he switched into one of my classes between semesters for our program which is the same. A little while after I somehow ended up on a spring break trip with him that was planned for early May. In between Valentine's day came around and after waiting and hoping he would take the initiative to ask me out I just gave him a card on the actual day telling him a few things I liked about him and that I liked him. He said I was sweet/cute and we never really talked about it again.

Our spring break trip came around and by now I was really worried he wasn't interested in me anymore but didn't want to make things awkward on a trip that neither of us could get out of so I held my toungue and we went and I thought we had a good time. We still fooled around and we each went home for the weekend afterwards before school started again. Afterwards I resolved to tell him that I either wanted a relationship or I was done but before I could he sent me a text saying he had been seeing someone else and it was getting serious.

I asked him to leave that guy and pursue something with me but he said he didn't feel the same. He said this other guy and him had a lot less in common and it was more intersting being with him because he travels a lot and has fascinating stories or whatever. Unfortunately this guy is in my classes and all my student groups so we see eachother 2 hours a day four days a week. At first it was really stressful and I was mad but still really liked him. Things slowly got better and we're friends again but I keep thinking that I still want a relationship with him.

He's always really flirty touching me when he talks to me or grazing my hand with his when we're studying together and I know I want it to be a sign that he might be regretting his decision but the rational part of me says I'm crazy and desperate and pathetic.

Next year we will be in the same groups and due to our program the same classes again. I'll have the whole summer away from him to hopefully clear my head but is it wrong that I've been thinking of ways to win him back. I'm friends with a lot the same people and I'm secretly hoping his relationship with this other guy doesn't work out since he lives in another country for half the year.

Like I said, my rational side tells me I'm being pathetic and I should move on, I don't think I can be just friends with him but I have to be for the sake of civility between our friends, classes, and student groups. My emotional side tells me that I can't control who I like and if I want it I should keep trying.

Thoughts, advice, insights greatly appreciated.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment