Pages

Search blog and web

why am i having so much trouble concentrating/decision making?

  • Thread Starter

Hi, for the last year or so I've been having real difficulty concentrating. At first I put it down to migraines (this was last Christmas) but they've eased off over the last couple of months and I'm still having these issues. It bothers me in school where I have trouble staying focused (I'm not the type to cause distractions or anything but my mind just wanders) and I always want everything I'm doing to be over with so I can get onto the next thing (I know that's not uncommon in school students to wish the lesson to be over with but I get it at home and sometimes it gets so overwhelming to want to do so many things I just do nothing and start walking around the house). Its affecting my day to day life (I get no work done in class, when I do my homework I never finish a piece without daydreaming or getting up and walking around, I struggle with long-term projects like art where I have to do 3-4 month project but do one piece of work then get fed up and want to star t another project because I'm bored of that project and give up on the one I'm doing and end up not doing it to the best of my ability) and its also affecting me longer term in random (bad) decision making and indecisiveness (I can start my examples for this when I was much younger like when I was 12 I wanted to be a dancer, I'd danced since I was 3 and loved it, I'd been part of the junior associates to a professional company since the age of nine and one day, the day of a competition, I just decided to stop dancing. No explanation I just dropped it and did the same with competitive swimming next year. Last year (my as year), after results day I decided I didn't want to do what I was doing anymore (not that I had any clue what I was doing anyway) and wanted to be an engineer (god knows why, I had no interest in that a week prior to this decision) so went to a careers advisor at a local college (not my own) as to restart the year doing different subjects with a new ambition. An hour later, after an hour long interview I was enrolled on an art and design btec course. I again changed my mind and no longer wanted to do art o went back to my college and asked (grovelled, sold my soul to the devil) to redo the year which they eventually let me and now I'm at the point where I'm fed up, bored, unable to concentrate and itching to get out and do something yet at the same time exhausted and can't be bothered doing anything at all and I end up sat in bed, texting, snapchatting, reading, eating and watching TV whilst scrolling through some other website all at the same time!! Im ready to drop out again and at the same time i want to go to uni, get an apprenticeship, a full time job, go travelling and I'm ruining my last free chance at doing well in my a levels because i get so distracted by these things and I don't know why I can't focus and am open to suggestions, the best I've got is anxiety but if it is I don't know who to talk to or what to do about it

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment