Pages

Search blog and web

Acceptance can bring peace?

I will call this the last of my trilogy threads, the first being "Should Marriage come first" & the second, "Men being the sole initiators". I have found that sometimes there is no answer except acceptance for what you have and find peace with it. It may never bring you the happiness that you had hoped for, but you're not miserable either.
If you've read my other threads, you have a pretty good idea of my situation, no romance, vanilla sex life & no quality time, all life centered around daughter/granddaughter.
When you try absolutely everything, beat your head against the wall, go through numerous emotions, heartbreak, disappointment, resentment, frustration, the list goes on, you finally get to a point where you wave the white flag.
I had thought about possibly divorcing again, a few years a go when I was going through the "miserable" phase, but I pushed through and found contentment. I really should have called it quits 5 years a go, before we bought our recent home, but it's water under the bridge now.
I think if there is physical abuse or if you are just massively unhappy, then divorce is probably the best option. But if you are still relatively happy with things, then divorce just equals a lone and more financial headaches. I would have no interest in trying for #3, I'm 50 years old, that time is past, so I would gain absolutely nothing.
I still try, but not as hard and not obsessive, because I don't want to enter the disappointment phase again. By now I've pretty much got things figured out.
One of the many books that I've read "Too Bad to Stay & Too Good to Leave", showed me that my good outweigh my bad. It's a great book to help you decide if you really have it that bad?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment