Pages

Search blog and web

Can an ex partner emotionally abuse you?

  • Thread Starter

I know that emotional abuse can occur when you're with your partner but I was wondering whether it is classed as abuse once the relationship is over.

I was in a short relationship between October 2012 and January 2013. Following the end of the relationship (which he ended) my ex continued to contact and harass me for a year and a half afterwards.

he began by texting me shortly after the relationship ended by telling me that his plan was to sleep with as many people as possible and telling me how he had used me. He would text me every day telling me about how his day had gone and how he had gotten into trouble at college etc. I didnt mind this too much, but once the relationship was over i needed time to heel and i was constantly getting texts off him. Then it escalated he would text me telling me he was about to take drugs and if i text him back he wouldnt take them and if he took them he didnt know what would happen. He would tell me i was useless and that i had to text him back because he was off his face and he wouldnt leave me alone until i replied. At one point i ignored him for three consecutive months and he text me over 100 times, one was a picture of a knife. He once got a needle and was sewing his hands telling me to make him stop and he was going to do the same to his eyes. He would text me telling me about the different girls he wanted to get with and ask my advice for tips on what to do. He would text me and tell me i had to get with theis guy i was friend with. Everything i posted on instagram he would comment on and would then screen shot it and send it to me telling me his thoughts. Every tweet i posted he favourited and he liked all my photos and posts. He would text me telling me he was sleeping on the streets and had met a druggy and pedofile and that they were 'pretty interesting' people. He would tell me what to do and what j needed.

i blocked him on all social media and he would then contact me through his friends snapchat.
i deleted his number but he contacted me about march last year sending me a picture of himself and telling me how his life had improved and what he was up to bow.

i know it was a while ago but i really struggled to cope afterwards and i cant help but wonder why he did this. It affected my future relationships massively and i was very scared to get into a relationship again. Was this type f behaviour abusive to me? Or do many people find their ex's act like this?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment