Pages

Search blog and web

How do you actually let go of a grudge?

  • Thread Starter

I hold grudges for a long time. I just stay angry and keep it all inside, I'll talk to the person less, we'll drift apart and it makes holding a grudge that much easier but obviously holding grudges isn't a great thing. I can tell myself to just 'let go' of a grudge or to get over it. I'll go and say hello to the person, ask how their day was and talk how we used to, but deep down I'm still not satisfied, I feel like I'm almost forcing myself to talk to this person so I start saying negative things like being sarcastic, and it all feels fake, so what really is the point of letting go of the grudge? Isn't it better to hold a grudge and not talk to that person that way neither of you verbally abuse each other, rather than forcing yourself to speak to them and having an artificial friendship?

Sorry this is getting deep, that time of the night where I overthink and cannot sleep. :p

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment