Pages

Search blog and web

Should I tell muslim girlfriend I'm not a muslim

  • Thread Starter

Notes to make before post

*Please don't tell me that muslims aren't allowed to date etc I know that. Whatever you think, the fact is it is quite common now.

*We've been together for two years.

*I love her very dearly and would love to be with her long term/marry her.

*I was born a muslim and have considered myself one right up until just before this ramadan.

-
Okay, so I've been with my girlfriend for a few years now - we've always planned to get married. However just before ramadan I came across the books called the god delusion, god is not great. + the massive resource of videos on youtube on atheism. And though I have always been skeptic it finally came to me that i had to accept that islam simply isn't true. This led me to not fast through ramadan...which i had to lie to my family about (dangerous to tell them) and I had to lie to my girlfriend.

The reason why I had to lie to my girlfriend is because I know that she would end it with me, simply because she truly believes. which is fair enough because she is doing what is beneficial for her in terms of what she believes is best for her afterlife. I did try to bring up a discussion as to why pork is haram etc and she became really flustered. And asked me why I'm thinking/asking about this kind've stuff..then she joked and said "are you an atheist?" I said "no" very quickly but then asked "what if I was?" and she replied that "it would mess everything up".

Soooo now I'm stuck and entirely messed up in my head...I don't know what to do and I guess I just wanted some opinions as to what you guys would do if you truly loved someone and you were in the position knowing that if they knew you no longer believed in god that the relationship couldn't go ahead...

please help, very confused.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment