Pages

Search blog and web

My husband of 20 years had long affair. First steps??

Many of you followed my saga over on the Long Term Marriage board. I deleted the original thread because it had actual names in it and I'm in a very paranoid state today. I thank everyone who helped me over there, because you opened my eyes that he was cheating. Though I already knew it in my heart, you gave me the courage to investigate.

So... How do I even begin to survive when my husband of 20 years has had a two month long intense physical affair with a co-worker in our business? I have been going crazy for months trying to figure out what I did wrong. I guess all of you know what hell it is or you wouldn't be here. He is moving out this weekend and we haven't told the kids anything yet.

Where do I start? I've been quietly gathering evidence. I have set up a consultation with a divorce attorney (she's the best in town and once I consult with her he won't be able to use her later). I have changed passwords on my phone and computer. I will be going next week to be checked for STDs. My mind is swirling and I don't know what to do.

I work at the business too but I understandably would like to be separated from that. If the business is unsuccessful though (and my leaving would cause it to falter), he will not have the money to support us. I know our accountant. Should I contact him as a way to protect myself? I am so worried that the OW (salaried employee) is going to take us for all we're worth with either a sexual harassment lawsuit or just plain getting it from my husband. We salary ourselves enough to live on, but the business takes in much more than what is shown because everything is expensed.
Posted via Mobile Device

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment