Pages

Search blog and web

Husband lied about military service

Hello, I am new here and just really in need of writing this down until I am able to speak with a professional face to face.

Husband and I just applied for a VA refinance loan. I ordered a copy of his DD214 from a research website. Imagine my surprise and now, horror, when I discovered he did not have one, because he spent one year in an ROTC program, not the military. He was never Special Forces. Long story short, there is a whopping gamut of information he just made up. Being in the Phillipines, being SF....all lies.

I am beside myself. I mean the avalanche of thoughts flooding my brain is uncontrollable. If he lied about this, what else did he lie about? What else IS he lying about?

And our friends and family? People who I have told, "my husband did such and such?"

He is an excellent husband in so many ways, but now I know he is "that guy." Some guy who made up a bunch of crap to make people think he was a something he definitely was NOT, never was, not even close.

We have had so many conversations about his training, the academy for his SF, ....I mean he talked about these things freely. Jesus...what the hell...

Any advice? Opinions? Has anyone else experience this and can offer advice on how you handles it? I keep hoping this is a bad dream and I'll wake up...

Thank you in advance...

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment