Pages

Search blog and web

How to talk to child

We are divorcing and I am moving out next Saturday. My four year old is very excited about the new house and can't wait. I've explained that Daddy isn't coming with us and that half the time he will still live with Daddy. I've told him that we both love him very much and that he is the most important thing in our lives. I have told him that it is exciting to move to a new place, but it is also ok to be sad and angry if he ever feels that way. His response? "Why would I be sad and angry?"

I'm worried that he is taking this too well. He knows it is not just a short trip, but it is forever (whetever that means to a four year old). Is there any way to conceptualize and anticipate what sort of reaction he may have? Is he just that ok with change? Or are we in for it when it all becomes real?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment