Pages

Search blog and web

Threatened by girlfriends outgoing nature

  • Thread Starter

My girlfriend of a short time is very outgoing, bubbly and flirtatious. Which of course, are positive qualities but they also could be perceived as threatening to someone who has insecurities like me.

My insecurities manifest themselves usually through me feeling envious and paranoid when she goes out and seeks opportunities. I think this is because she is very flirty and I fear infidelity, I guess because she has the more confident personality and has had more sexual partners than me. She is very 'free spirited' and has had threesomes, with girls and guts and when she isn't around I do get insecure, particularly since it's LDR.

I have noticed recently that I become somewhat panicky whenever she goes out and about, taking up opportunities and meeting new people. This is because I fear she will get so immersed in this, and have a change of heart about us.

I'm not exactly a 'classic' case of a control freak, but I just fear the unknown. I just don't want her to turn around and tell me she's found someone more interesting, more secure and more fun.

Recently for example, she just got back from a trip at the other side of country, to arrange a summer volunteering outing. I am happy for her, but it's almost as like as soon as she comes back I feel she hates the whole 'coming back to reality' after a fun weekend away. I don't want this notion to make her think twice.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment