Pages

Search blog and web

Giving her a leaving card- bad idea?

  • Thread Starter

It's a little bit of a long one, but I'll really appreciate it if you can read it. I'll rep helpful answers! Thanks :)


Girl I like leaves on Saturday to return to France (she's been here on a gap year).
She wanted to stay for another year but the place where she was interning went bust, and it just hasn't worked out.

We dated just twice for months ago, then when it became clear she was going to leave, she seemed more hesitant and reluctant to date, so we kinda came to a natural stop.

Things weren't awkward at all, we still saw a lot of each other and became closer friends. We still click and still get on, more now than ever.

So I got this leaving card for her.
It's not a love letter at all, it's just a 'friendly' letter.

I basically just say it was nice meeting her and getting to know her, thanks for some help she gave me, saying that I'll miss her and miss things about her, and then wish her luck in the future.
Halfway through I quoted a verse from her favourite song that sums up our friendship.
That's pretty much it.

I suppose I've got a bit of last minute hesitation about giving it to her.
Would it be too soppy? Have I misjudged our friendship, have I place more importance on it? I'm supposed I'm paranoid that she'll think its a bit strange and OTT?

Thoughts?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment