Pages

Search blog and web

Wife's father killing our marriage

It's really frustrating that 99.9% of marriage related articles are focused on what the women are going through....got that off my chest, on to the main reason im here.

My wife and I have been married since 2004, we have 4 children. Life was good, everything was peachy until my father in law neglected his health to the point that he had to come live with his.

He is a drunk, racist, chain smoker, lazy, AND I have to BOLDY suggest that he takes a shower because he stinking up the house like a zoo exibit.

He has health problems, HE KNOWS he has them, he has insurance, he wont go to the doctor until he is at deaths door step. Because of his actions he has limited use of his legs and can barely get around (goes to the booze store just fine on his own)

My wife has told me story after story of what a horrible father he was, and still is. Whenever we drag him to the hospital he curses us to no end, his family ALSO DOES THE SAME TO US.

So after listening to my wife cry her eyes out to me one too many times...I flip out and order to him to get his crap and GTFO! If he can walk to his car, and drive to the booze store, then he is fit to drive to someone elses house. What does he do? He calls his sister and screaming at me informs me that his sister will not let us throw him out. At this point I take the kids outside, call the police and wait. Two hours later, after the sister demands to talk to the police, they tell him leave on your own, or you are going in handcuffs.

Everything back to normal right? NOPE! My wife has been ticked off at me every since, how dare I defend my wife from her father who treats her like crap 24/7.

Fast forward two years later, my wife and kids spend all day Saturday and Sunday with him pretty much every weekend. He is stealing mu family from me and I dont know what to do. She has not said it flat out, but she has made it clear if she had to choose between her husband and father? She is going to pick her father.

I'm at my wits end, her father and brothers are serious drunks, have no desire to work, and she worships the ground they walk on. I do not drink, im a hard worker, I support my family and somehow I am the bad guy. Dont know what to do anymore, not suicidal but I dont want to live anymore either, a freak accident sounds appealing at this point.


Thanks for taking the time to read my post

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment