Pages

Search blog and web

Wife Smells Different--Affecting My Desire

We are both in our early 50s, together over 30 years; married for 29+. I have always been a HD partner and, even though she has never matched my libido, in recent years she has tried to be more sensitive to my needs. I have always found my wife to be amazingly attractive. I could never get enough of her. There is a lot of history that I won't go into, but we spend most weeks apart due to my job, which means that weekends are the only time we have to be "together." Lately, though, I have realized that my desire for her has diminished greatly. I figured out the other day that my wife's scent has changed. I've noticed it since the weather has turned warm and between the heat and her hot flashes, she has been perspiring a lot. She also gets hot at night, which is understandable. It isn't the hot flashes, per se, that are affecting my desire for her. Rather it is how she smells afterward. She doesn't stink, but she does smell different than she used to. I can't explain it, but her scent not only doesn't excite me like it used to--it actually has killed my desire for her. My HD ways are still intact otherwise...just not fixated on her like they used to be. I'd say this has been going on the past couple of months or so. I think it is related to menopause, but guess it could be due to some of her medications--though those haven't changed recently.

So, I am wondering if any other couples have experienced this sort of menopausal change in the female partner's scent and if so, how has it affected the male's attraction to the female? More importantly, has anyone found a way to overcome this libido-killer?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment