Pages

Search blog and web

Physical separation - long distance intimacy

Moved cross country six months ago to run a small business with the help of my father in law. This opportunity required me to move alone to the west coast, which after discussing with my wife of 25 years and children, agreed it was worth taking a shot. Over the past 3 or 4 years, my career suffered from frequent downsizing and layoffs which made this opportunity seem appealing. I drove cross country on January first with the hopes of starting something new and ultimately bringing our family out west once I got the business profitable. I am still in the process of getting the business established and 6 months now away from my wife and kids. I knew it would be difficult on a lot of levels, but I didn't expect to miss my wife as much as I do - especially from a intimacy and sexual stand point. We talk frequently from day to day. I try and stay connected to her world of balancing her job, kids, and house and she tries to stay involved with my daily bus iness stresses - and there have been a few - after all, its her father who owns the majority of the business and property. Recently our conversations have become strained. Me, struggling to stay connected to her world and she with mine. Truth is, I am down right lonely without her. Her father spends summers out of state and I am occupying space in his home while he is gone - so I am completely alone, with no connections or friends in a very beautiful but foreign place. Some days are better than others. I stay very busy with the store, but I also have a lot of time on my own - and this is ripping me apart emotionally. I have had some pretty candid conversations and text messages with my wife emotionally supporting each other, but I seem to need more affirmation that she misses me physically. We have always been a couple who regenerates and refreshes our relationship through sexual intimacy and now that we can't do that, I am really struggling. She seems to better de al with it because her pace at home is so hectic. She falls into bed more nights. I, on the other hand, feel sexually frustrated and trapped by our situation. I recently sent her some playful sexual photos to spark interest with the hopes she would reciprocate or at least get the message that I need a little assurance that she still longs for me the way I long for her. I even engaged her in conversation about "taking care of her self" while we are apart, something I do to keep sanity. She just seems to say "ok honey" and nothing happens. This is turning out to be a more difficult journey than I ever imagined.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment