Pages

Search blog and web

Finding it very difficult to forgive my best friend?

  • Thread Starter

I am in second year of uni, I have known this girl 2 years now and we have been extremely close since day 1. She is my best friend. Around Easter I admitted to her that I liked my course mate and good friend who she doesn't know personally but knows who he is. Then about 2 weeks later we went out and we got separated but next thing I know is I see her and him kissing, so I went over to say hi and give her a "what the ****" look and I am barely registered and they leave together. I then find out she slept with him.

It is kind of hurtful that he slept with her - the whole jealousy thing - and I am trying to make myself stop liking him, however I still find it very difficult to forgive my friend. She claimed she was extremely drunk and I do believe her and I know I have done things I regret and don't mean when drunk, I just can't help feeling very betrayed especially because she has absolutely no feelings for him. I don't even think she feels that guilty.

Am I in the wrong for feeling how I feel towards her? I have said everythings fine and I act completely normal but inside I am still really hurt by her actions and feel a lot of resentment. How can she actually be my friend if she did this to me? How can she actually care about me? All she does is say she didn't mean to do it but it's not enough and I wish it was because I don't want to feel this way. A lot of the things she does has started to annoy me.

Should I talk to her about it or just continue pretending and feeling how I feel inside? It's been a few months now and I still feel like this...

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment