Pages

Search blog and web

Do I stay or do I go?

  • Thread Starter

Ok, so I'm working as an au pair in central/west Europe and life is becoming pretty miserable.

The family is horrible and whilst I have no objection to hard work (I'm used to it and happy to do it) I hate their unappreciative, condescending attitude. I wake up each morning miserable at the thought that I have to go down and try to talk to them.

The thing is, my boyfriend's grandmother lives in the same city and she is the loveliest person in the world. She's so sweet and friendly and she loves it when I come and visit her - she never asks for anything, but is so grateful when I spend time with her.

My boyfriend is encouraging me to just leave the family (I have no contract, I'm unofficial and unpaid) and go and stay with his grandmother for the remaining few weeks before I come home to England.

I don't know what to do! I feel like I'm giving up if I quit my place with the family and I don't want to risk being a burden on his grandmother, but on the other hand, I'm not happy and I don't want to spend another month feeling like ****.

Do I stay here, or do I say "enough is enough" and leave???

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment