Pages

Search blog and web

When to tell my kids

I haven't posted here in a long while. Last I time I was posting to the "infidelity" subject. That was ~5 years ago. She cheated. We worked in therapy for years. We tried to mend. We did not. I cheated. Marriage over.

My kids (18 and 15 years old) do not know that my wife cheated. In fact, she claims to this day that she did not, but admits to lying to me about a relationship with another man, a man who was her first love and she thought she would marry. She was in contact with him for 6 months without my knowledge and then when I found out and confronted her she lied about the frequency of communication. Over the next 6 months I stumbled upon more info...phone records, texts, emails, etc. So the lies continued.

Earlier this year I fell in love with another woman. We now live together.

5 weeks ago, and on the advice of our marriage therapist, I told my children that we were getting a divorce and I left the house. I admitted to my affair a week before that and answered all their questions honestly.

I have not seen my kids in 5 weeks. We are very, very close, but they have stopped talking to me. My STBXW will not cooperate with letting me go to the house because it will cause "emotional distress". I understand and respect this, BUT...

Now I am feeling like I am being unfairly held responsible for the failed marriage. When should I tell my side of the story to my kids?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment