Pages

Search blog and web

The key to small talk?

  • Thread Starter

Hey all

So basically I've just been on holiday with a few friends and I guess I would call myself the shyest and most quiet of the group. We met some new people while we were on holiday and I couldn't help but notice that one of my friends was an absolute genius at making small talk with every new person we met while I just stand on the side, taking in the conversation. I realized that I really don't want to shy away from strangers anymore and that I really would love to be able to hold a conversation with new people but I never know what to say since small talk just seems really unnatural to me.

What's the key thing to remember when wanting to make small talk? I know one good way to keep a conversation going is to keep asking questions. What are some basic things to ask or say to people when you want to make small talk?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment