Pages

Search blog and web

Is it OK to work with your ex?

Backstory: Divorced 25 years after 14 years of marriage with kids.
No real reason to speak during that time, but have seen each other 2-3 times a year at grandchildren functions.
She re-married and divorced, now single.
I remarried 24 years ago - we've had our ups and downs, but still head over heals in love with my wife.
Met my ex a few months ago at the kid's house. I mentioned that succeeding in business is tough, and she agreed, adding that she was ready to pack it in.
She later called and wondered if I could give her some advice and help out on some computer issues.
My wife was amused, but said go ahead and help her out, it's not like we're strangers.
Now in a typical week, I'll talk to her 3-4 times for 20-30 minutes, perhaps go to her office once, and spend 1-2 hours a week on her stuff while in my office.
I should mention that when at her office, we are totally alone, except for her dog, who treats me like family. Our son may occasionally drop by for lunch.
My questions/concerns:
1. Is this OK?
2. My wife knows, but I'm sure she wouldn't be happy with the amount of time I spend working on things for my ex
3. Although I'm certain I don't have any feelings for her, we were married! And I remember stuff!
4. Does the above raise any red flags?
Well, Yeah, I guess it does.
Comments?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment