Pages

Search blog and web

Am I in the wrong here?

  • Thread Starter

Anon cos my gf is on here.


So my gf is at uni. She's at the end of her first year and over the year she's not been doing as well as she can at uni. I don't know what it is, procrastination, lack of motivation, whatever... But I've been there through with her and I've supported her throughout and been like 'It's okay, next test don't leave it at the last minute. You'll be fine' This has gone on for the entire year now.

Now exam season is here and she's still not learnt her lesson and her first actual exam went poorly. So I got a bit mad at her saying that she needs to get serious about it and essentially I got mad at her for not doing well in the exam. Now I'm not going to falsely support her through this when I KNOW that she can do better than that cos she has the potential and I'm just trying to make her see the reality. What boyfriend wants her girlfriend to do badly? She gets pissed off at me saying that 'friends support you, you make me feel **** about everything, you achieved everything you wanted.. you could've just said 'yeah ur exam didn't go as well, now you know not to leave at that last minute'..' (but I've been doing that the entire year!)

Mind you, I've been supporting her all throughout this year however she has been doing academically. I've not been like a strict mum or something controlling her at each and every step. It's just that it pisses me off that when the exams comes and you still not learn from your mistakes then what's the point of me trying to help you?

She ended the conversation by saying 'i'm so glad I hung out with my friends today' (cos she went ice skating and shopping after her exam with her friends who supposedly have told her that her exam was fine and she shouldn't worry about it), which is exactly my point. I'm her boyfriend - I want her to worry about it, cos it's about her future.

tl;dr I want the best for my gf but she doesn't want to hear from me.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment