Pages

Search blog and web

Husband pushing self help books on me

My husband keeps pushing self help books on me because he has been obsessed with them. He says it has helped him a lot and I respect that, however, it's not for me. Because we have been in a relationship funk, I do appreciate what he is doing for himself. I finally told him that I would see a therapist and he is insistent on the books instead. Several years ago, he pushed me to get therapy and I did so. It did help to talk to someone. The therapist validated my feelings, actually. My problem is that I'm very sensitive and tend to get angry when he complains about me... My husband is generally a nice guy that expects a lot from me when he cannot excel himself (career-wise).

It's gotten to the point of if I don't read these books, our marriage is over, kind of scenario. We have one son that we both adore. I do not want to break up the family. Mind you, it bothers me more that he is forcing these books on me, more than the fact that I just don't have an interest in these type of books.

Your thoughts, please.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment