Pages

Search blog and web

Awful first year experience and horrible flatmates!

  • Thread Starter

I'd like to just start by saying I am (or was before uni) an out going, confident and sociable person. I had a lovely group of friends at home and honestly had no issues at all. I worked my arse off to get into uni and I was so excited to start! When I started uni it was great, flatmates were a laugh, people on my course were brilliant and people in the other flats were all lovely. Unfortunately my flat has become so bitchy! Everyone was really close then one of the girls in my flat became a nightmare to live with. I started to see how horrible the rest of my flat could be, they would steal her food, spit in it and just generally be rude and leave her out. I'm really not cool with how they treated her no matter how much of a bitch she was. Eventually I spoke to her and explained why I was upset with her, we sorted it out so I persuaded everyone else to do the same. They all spoke to her one weekend I had gone home and when I got back it was weird. I had been blam ed for everything and they had said I'd done everything they had! So now it's awful and to make it worse 5 of them are on my course! I'm so pissed off that I'm now the outcast because they couldn't grow up and admit what they had done or at least not blame me! It's now gotten to the point where I avoid the kitchen and eat at my boyfriend's when I know their all there. When I have been in the kitchen at the same time as them it has either been super awkward or they have started bitching about me so I can hear or actually make comments. My food has started to go missing and I often come back from food shopping to find that I've been left no room in the fridge. The other day one of them even moved my milk and yoghurts out of the fridge to make room on MY SHELF for their crap. Milk and yoghurt went off... They have also started coming back drunk and kicking my door in the early hours of the morning. I'd be fine if I knew it wasn't just to be mean, I get that students are loud. I 'm so depressed in my flat and to make things worse, because most have a happy flat it's difficult to fit in with different groups now! I'm lonely and my confidence is shattered, I feel physically sick being in my flat and it is starting to show in my work. I spoke to my tutor who's only advice was 'You really don't have long, just get through it' and it is too late so I guess she's right. I also don't want to make it all worse. Having my boyfriend around and the fact that I need a degree are the only things keeping me going. I'm a totally different person to how I was when I started. Sorry this is sooooooo long! I just don't know what to do! Has anyone else experienced this? Sorry again for the length x

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment