Pages

Search blog and web

Feel weird for not partaking in (facebook) PDA?

  • Thread Starter

Me and my boyfriend aren't into the whole PDA thing. We'll hold hands, kiss each other hello/goodbye in public etc etc.

We virtually never use Facebook, there a few pictures up of us together on it, and we will occasionally mention things we've done/where we've went out, though we aren't really facebooky people for even general stuff too. We talk to each other in person/text/skype so I at least feel like there is no need to update Facebook constantly. I know he loves me, He knows I love him, I don't see the point in telling my 200 odd friends it.

I see loaaaads of couples however every single day bombarding Facebook with loads of pictures of them, statuses every week/day about how much they love they're boyfriend/girlfriend, what they got them etc.

I'm sort of thinking, wow, maybe these people think we have a crap relationship or something because we are private with it. I just feel a bit weird because it seems the norm to plaster your relationship everywhere, and it isn't the norm for us. We are both happy keeping to ourselves, But I guess I just feel a bit awkward, like there is something wrong with it because it seems uncommon. We've been going out for 4 years, so maybe it's just because i'm seeing a load of early relationships that it's a bit weird because we are comfortable. Is it that important nowadays to publicly how much you are in love everywhere all the time?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment