Pages

Search blog and web

Telling the kids-please share experiences

We are starting to work out when we will tell our kids we plan to divorce. Our oldest is graduating college next month, then coming home for our other child's high school graduation. We have only a few days to work with before the oldest heads out of town again. Not the best of times/situations to work with, but it's the only window we have.

We have no plans to change our living arrangements until our youngest is at college, so no major physical changes will take place, hopefully easing things a tiny bit.

H mentioned today that he'd like to focus on how much we love the kids and how that won't change. He also said that he wants to tell our youngest that part of what kept us together was not wanting to disrupt things for him, out of our love for him. That part I think is a really bad idea (partially because that is from him, not me. I didn't know divorce was inevitable until last fall). I think we need to focus on this being all about us and how we just didn't work to be the best spouses we could be, but we have been great parents and a great family. I don't think we should say a single thing about the kids.

Anyway, can you guys shed some light on your own opinions and experiences with this part? I know there is no right answer, but I need all the help I can get with this!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment