Pages

Search blog and web

Of course....but maybe...

Thread name inspired by Louis CK....Love this guy.....
http://ift.tt/PtjewE

This is not really an issue in my life, but something I've been thinking about as my kids mature (and even bring it up to us).

Topic at hand: Marijuana

Wife and I like to vaporize (we don't smoke) occasionally. We used to smoke it but it just smelled too much (clothes/body) and also we noticed Vaping has produced much better results/cleaner feeling etc.

Our children never really knew, well, they had an idea as they got older but we never communicated about it and always did our best to hide it.

Anyways, about a year back our daughter wanted to do it (she is 15, friends have been talking about it/doing it etc) and we did our best to educate her on the subject and simply recommended that "she is too young and should wait until 18 and possibly 21"

Recently we noticed that they know and they communicated it to us. We told them "half truth" and said that wife has severe chronic pain and I have chronic disease (both of which are true) and it helps us.

In reality although it does help my deal with her chronic pain and it does have value for my disease (I just don't need it....yet and current meds are taking care of my issues).

Anyways, it was a nice excuse if you will.

But now I've been thinking about this entire situation. And I'm wondering, is there a certain age where parents should introduce their children to MaryJ?

I kind of feel weird cause we don't really drink (maybe once every few months) and our family has a history of alcohol abuse AND DEATH. Yet we already let our children sample beer in the past (once or twice) and we don't find anything wrong with that (again, even though we are not big drinkers).

But I can't possibly take the same approach with weed. Mostly because it is illegal (well now it's legal for medicine in my state).....but it still seems "taboo" within our society?

Many of you might have noticed that I'm very anti "society" or "following the herd" type of a person.

My wife threw out an idea to let my daughter have a toke when we go to a concert, but we both felt she was still a bit too young (16). And we also obviously don't want her to communicate this to her friends or brothers either.

So I guess the question is, is there EVER a time?

We both feel that MaryJ is WAY less harmful than Alcohol.....even caffeine/cigs.

But we also realize the dangers of MaryJ for young adult (memory, brain changes) and let's face it, even though I feel that I'm a responsible adult and a great father, I know plenty of folks that were just ****ty people thanks to weed.

I'm thinking 21 and continue to educate our children. We do a LOT of education when it comes to Alcohol, Pills and hard core drugs (heroin/coke/crack/meth)....and weed as well.

Just wanted to get people's feeling on the subject and general advice.

Thanks in advance

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment