Pages

Search blog and web

Sexually harassed - should I do anything about it?

  • Thread Starter

LONG STORY SHORT, about a year ago this group of three guys were harassing me on the school bus. I didn't know them, they touched me inappropriately, and whispered kind of upsetting things in my ear. One of them is now head boy, and ngl, it pisses me off.

When it happened i had no idea what to do/say about it, even to them. This surprised me because most of the time i'm quite good at standing up for myself.
This is definitely an issue I need to deal with somehow, because I don't really know how to deal with it, and i've ended up in some funny situations since. So advice on how to deal with situations like this would also be appreciated.

But what i'm asking is, should I report this to the school? I'm leaving in just under a month for exams, and then permenantly, so it could be a good opportunity as I won't have to see him again (the other two left the school). My main reasons for reporting it would be:

-friends say need to know they can't get away with it (although they kinda have)
-friends also say I should land him in hot water before I go, because he deserves it

personally i don't think anything could come of it because it happened so long ago and he probably won't remember the girl he harassed on the bus. I remember almost every detail, but as the accuser/victim, I don't think that makes much difference. There were witnesses (my friends) who also remember it cus it shocked them (we go to a very middle class school, and we're quite protected from stuff like this)

but mostly because our school has never considered teaching:

a) girls to handle sexual harassment
b) boys not to handle sexual harassment

and i think this might maybe make them think of that & therefore give save some other girls from this.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment