Pages

Search blog and web

Should I meet this guy?

  • Thread Starter

I met this guy on OKcupid. We started talking about one of my favourite authors and things went on from there. Unlike most of the guys on there, he didn't come off as sleazy or desperate. He's seems well read, intelligent, witty and quite cultural. We're both the same age and quite compatible. We planned to meet at a museum and exchanged numbers but he had to cancel last minute due to academic commitments. After that he stopped talking to me, I left him alone as I considered he might be busy but I had hope he'd get in touch. During his sudden disappearance I grew progressively sadder as I thought he'd lost interest. I texted him and he asked who it was. I was confused and reminded him. He then said he deleted my number because he thought after he'd messed up, I wouldn't want to meet him. He then said that ironically, he's usually very reliable and would very much like to meet. I asked why he assumed this why he couldn't have just bluntly asked. I said (in a less aloof way) his last minute cancellation was understandable but his sudden disappearance caused greater damage. He never replied, not understanding that by doing so, he'd made matters worse. Should I relieve him and arrange to meet him again or should I just move on?

Bear on mind I've never been in a relationship before and he seems like one of I few guys I'd probably get along with.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment