Pages

Search blog and web

Do you believe in true love?

I have to admit that I don't... I have recently married my partner of 9 years, the father of my three children, I love him and I'm happy but he isn't my soulmate.
My family's didn't attend my wedding and one of the reasons my mum gave was that she didn't agree with the wedding because I in her eyes don't love my partner. She said how she wants me to have what she has, a man she knows will be it for her, who loves her unconditionally, and she loves unconditionally and since I have expressed the fact I don't believe in true love thus I can't possibly love or have that sort of relationship at home.
To me the fact I have found a man who I love spending time with, I respect and who respects me, someone who has stood by me even when he probably shouldn't of, who we have had our close calls and we have managed to work things out together.
I believe that working at a relationship, commitment, trust and enjoyment. I am a rather cautious person and since I'm not a romantic I have to admit, I don't love him unconditionally... There are deal breakers as do all relationships have. Our life's may change, our individual dreams may change, even my vows had as long as our paths allow. My partner and I have decided that every 10 years we will write new vows to one another so our new promises that reflect our circumstances.
I guess this long winded post is just that I feel a bit of an oddity being a happily newly married woman who doesn't believe in true love of forever but surely I'm not the only one.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment