Pages

Search blog and web

step kids and double standards

Hoping for some good advice. I'm considering leaving my H, don't want to but see no alternatives. Our entire marriage is a set of double standards that benefit him and his daughter. Whenever I bring them up its instant deflection of the subject on his part that turns into an argument about the things I've done wrong in the past. I don't know how to achieve resolution to this and its making me resentful towards them both. He lectures, nags and gives speeches endlessly about my son not doing his chores, and what my role and responsibilities are as a mom, literally while he's preaching I point out his daughter did none of her chores and he just starts yelling that I don't like her. It has nothing to do with her and everything to do with the pot calling the kettle black. Most recently he told me he is going to pay her car insurance till she's 18, he threw fits and speeches if my boys even asked for a loan to help with insurance. They had their own policies at the age of 16, when I brought that up he told me I was crazy, they were on our insurance. I called the company just to prove a point and again his response is I don't like his daughter. I'm at the end of my rope, this is total BS and my kids look at me like WTH. Any advice on opening up a line of communication with Captain denial would be appreciated.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment