Pages

Search blog and web

irritable

I have noticed that my moods haven't been that good lately. I am normally really kind and understanding and patient with others. But lately I just haven't been myself. I find myself rather irritable with (inconsiderate) strangers, as I rudely point out their rudeness or incompetence. I roll my eyes a lot more at people, as my patience is at an all time low. When I come home I am dead tired and just want to lie in bed. I am tired often and have been indulging in extra rich food lately to numb myself out.... and my weight is at an all time high, and my clothes are getting tight. :mad: It's like my impulse control (both in terms of food habits, as well in terms of politeness to others) is completely shot right now. I'm just a big meanie. :( But this is not normally me, as I used to be a sweet person.

I wasn't sure what the heck was wrong with me, but from searching online, I was reading that irritability can be a part of the grieving process.

Just wanted to know if others have experienced this sort of emotional upheaval as part of their grieving process. I am not psychotic or anything, so please don't suggest that there is anything mentally wrong with me. As I know that my emotions are very likely related to the dissolution of my marriage, as my annulment will be complete in a week or two, and the emotions just started in these final stages of the process. Before then I was doing better as I still had hope for my marriage to be saved... but as the hope died, some sort of generalized crankiness settled in.

Any strategies for coping? I do have a therapist who I haven't seen in awhile, though she isn't around for another few weeks as she's on vacation... which is too bad, as talking things over with someone would probably help. I've been holding my emotions in for the last few months and just trying to be strong about this. I realize I do need to find more constructive ways of dealing with this rather than lashing out at others and eating myself into a food coma.

I just wanted to know if any of you have experienced anything remotely like this during or after your divorce, and if you found anything positive that helped you get through it. Thanks!!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment