Pages

Search blog and web

Spouse and Friends

This forum is a great place to recieve and give advice. I now have a question (sorry for typos but my keyboard is not working correctly):

My husband has a group of friends from his hometown with whom I have absolutely nothing in common. I find them boring and Iḿ sure they think the same about me. They have all known each other since high school and share private jokes and stories. I have nothing to say to them and they dont have anything to say to me either. We don t really see each other. We live 5 hours away from them so all is well.

Two of the members of this clique are a couple (actually they are all couples) but this particular couple is special, The husband is my husbands best friend (a nice guy) and the wife is someone he dated briefly (no big deal, I dont feel threatened etc). There is absolutely no attachment etc sheś not attractive, etc, etc,

As this woman has always been unpleasant to me I decided that I did not really need to see her anymore. There is nothing blatant anymore, just a feeling of dislike and ennui that we both share. My husband knows I dont really care for her and he doesnt insist that I see them

However, this evening he wants us to go out for drinks with them because we are in his hometown . He knows I dont want to but he kind of insists.

Should I just say to myself, what the heck, go ahead if your husband wants you to. Its only a couple of hours.... or should I remain firm and refuse to go.

NB my husband is the type who just doesnt understand things he considers petty (ie he said this, she said this, etc. etc.). Completely clueless. So if I bring up the details again of things she s said and done he wont understand why I still care. He's the type who forgets things quickly.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment