Pages

Search blog and web

Renewing or ending a rental lease

I am not sure where to post my question, but I am hoping that there will be someone who can give me an idea of what to expect in regard to an apartment rental lease. I have never rented so I am not sure how all of this works.

My husband has been living in an apartment for almost a year. The lease is up on February 11, 2014. He received a letter from the management company on December 1, 2013. They stated that he either needs to renew the lease or be prepared to move out by the 11th. I am not sure if this means January 11 or February 11th. I am thinking it has to be before February as they need time to clean the apartment and locate a new tenant, etc if he decided to leave the apartment, correct? I also don't know by when he has to give them an answer as to what his plans are. I asked him about the paperwork last night and he didn't say too much about it. He's playing his cards extremely close to his chest. He hasn't told me very much thus far. All he has said to me is that he has the paperwork and he hasn't done anything with it one way or another, but he has to do something soon. He has been struggling with whether or not to move back home so I have been trying not to ask too many questi ons and give him the space and time he needs to make the final decision. He has given me the impression that moving back home is not out of the question. I also don't have a definite yes yet either.

Limbo land really sucks.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment