Pages

Search blog and web

Over - reacting about manipulation??

I know manipulation is a harsh word - but it is the only word I can describe what happens in my relationship.

My guy could be described as easy - going but there has been some underhanded things that seem to happen in our relationship. And they are so frustrating!

One example is: If I suggest watching a programme on TV which I know we both would enjoy - my partner would say 'yes'. He would then continue to watch what is already on tv glancing to me now and again then talking and laughing about funny parts on the show. I mention to him again about the other show. He ignores me and continues to watch the tv. At this point I start to realise he has no intention of watching the programme we both enjoy but to stay with they programme that is on - the one he enjoys and the one I dont. My patience is wearing thin!

So this show has been on 1 hour and it is getting a bit too late to put on the other show. I say to him. Do you want to watch the other show? He replies oh I thought you were enjoying this one because you didnt say anything. Then I ask him'Were you hoping that I would watch this one instead of the other? his rely was yes. At this got angry and said 'Why did you agree to watch the programme we both enjoy ? He replied I am over reacting and its only a TV show (in a sarcastic tone). And look at evrything he does for me???? Guilt trip- i start feeling sorry for him???!

I felt there was a slight touch of manipulation on his part which he fails to regognise?

We are not talking at the moment because he feels he has done nothing wrong:confused:

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment