Pages

Search blog and web

Muslim girl and non Muslim guy? Muslim girls/anybody else give me your thoughts?

Now, I know a lot of people are going to say "oh but you shouldn't be in a relationship!" "why are you talking to guys?!" I'm a female who is attracted to the opposite sex. Don't preach as if you're superhuman and incapable of any emotion.

I met this guy at uni and we clicked instantly. The only barrier is he's non religious. All you Muslim girls understand how much of an issue this is... Anyway, he's an attractive, kind, funny, and intelligent guy. We have the exact same sense of humour so once we exchanged numbers we'd talk for hours on the phone. After two months of spending time together he started asking me about my religious views, thoughts on relationships etc. I told him that I was Muslim and that I didn't believe in sex before marriage. At this point I expected him to sprint out of the room LOL but he said he really respected my decision and praised my ability to not give in to the attention I got from guys despite being so "beautiful". However, he said he had expected me being half Russian to make me less "strict" compared to other Muslim girls. I told him I understood his assumption but that I'd been raised with these principles by both sides of my family (extended family of my father's being Orthodo x). The conversation then naturally just changed subject.

We continued to spend time together and a couple of weeks later he told me that he really likes me but is worried about my religious beliefs. I anticipated this, as he pretty much stopped playing around with me in a touchy way (hugging etc) and was all together more reserved. I had assumed it was all over from that point. He went on to express that every time he approaches my group of friends to say hi to me he notices that they get "uncomfortable". Most of my friends wear a hijab (I don't) and don't like the situation. Anyway, he says he sees this in some of their faces and it pisses him off. I've told them to stop being disrespectful but it's things like that which make me realise how difficult having a relationship with him will be. I really like him too but him not being Muslim is already causing problems for both of us. I'm apprehensive primarily for HIS sake, not mine. I genuinely like the guy and don't want to drag him into the bigotry and lack of acceptance he'll expe rience. He says he understands but accepts it and doesn't want to lose me.

I really, really like the guy but I don't know what to do. I told him how I feel and he's still adamant about being with me. He's asked to meet the day we finish our exams to talk one on one about the issue.

I'd like to know how other Muslim girls feel about this, what their own experiences are etc. I can't be the only one who's been in this situation? Btw, there are virtually no Muslim guys from the same country as me at uni (in my school at least) and I'm not attracted at all in general. So it's this, or dying alone with wild Alsatians feasting on my corpse. :eek:

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment