Pages

Search blog and web

Positivity in Friendships/Relationships

I started going to university in September and have already made some good friends (or mates, pals, whatever you want to call it). However, I'm a very positive person - I try to see the positive in everything, no matter how depressing or dull it is. In contrast, a couple my friends are very negative - they have multiple self-esteem issues and always seem to be complaining about something and it sometimes just drags me down with them. So this leads me to the question - should I really be friends with them? It sounds like a horrible thing to say because they're lovely girls but they are often very stubborn in their own self-criticisms it's impossible to reply to it without them saying "No, you're wrong, I'm ugly/insensitive/etc".

I've got to know them quite well so I feel it would be rash to just "let them go" essentially. However, how can I build a better friendship whilst constantly having to refute their depressive rants?

Has anyone been in/is in a situation similar to this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(P.S) A girl I know on here is one of my friends but I'd like to let her know that this post is not directed at her. (Meg) :)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment