Pages

Search blog and web

Am I jealous of my own boyfriend?

Hey TSR.

I'm in a bit of a strange dilemma, and I really don't know what to do.

I'm a 19-year old guy and am in a relationship with another guy at university. We've been going out for the past year and are really happy together.

The whole time we've been together, he's always got a lot of attention from girls and from other gay guys, and when we first started going out it never used to bother me much, but now it really winds me up and, at times, upsets me. I'm not talking about when people make comments about him or tell me they fancy him or whatever (I'm sure that happens with any couple!), but when there are some people who constantly text him and message him online after meeting him and even sometimes ask him out - and some of these people know me and know full well that we're together.

Two situations stick in my mind in particular: the first was when one of my friends starting texting him after a house party telling him "he was bored of his boyfriend" and wanted to meet up with him on his own and get to know him better. And the other was when one of my housemates had some friends over, and after we were introduced to them, I overheard these girls talking about us saying "He's SO hot, I don't know why he's with him!" which did upset me a lot.

My boyfriend very much enjoys the attention he gets and quite often likes to talk about people who show an interest in him, plus he likes to talk about other guys he thinks are good-looking; and it really bothers me. I don't know if I'm being really petty and am just jealous of the attention he's getting (even though I don't want to be with anyone else) or what. I'm not a particularly confident person and sometimes I feel like he'd rather just go and have fun with someone else. I'm worried that eventually it'll get to a point where someone else convinces him he's too good for me.

I am really happy with him and this really isn't something I think about a lot of the time; but when a situation like the two I mentioned does happen it drives me crazy. I may just be being petty but I really don't know. Has anyone else had this problem?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment