Pages

Search blog and web

Best Gift My Spouse Gave Me

Hello All!

I've openly debated on whether or not I really should do this, but to me, not doing is worse than actually doing it; so here goes:

This year for Christmas my husband gave me my life back. For over a decade I had (through various issues) been content to live my life in a gilded cage. But a cage is still a cage. I've had so much crud tossed my way over the course of my childhood and adult life that it was simply easier to just say "The world out there doesn't exist," even though what I really wanted was to experience it all again.

So that's what my husband did. He saw a need, made a plan to address the need, then dumped it all on my lap in the form of the book NMMNG and said "Sink or Swim, it's your choice." It took me a few days to wade through exactly what was in that book, and it'll take me another month or so to fully understand all the ideas but I feel more alive today than have in years past.

So I can say with 100% conviction: My husband gave me my life back, so I could learn to actually live in the here-n-now instead of wallowing in the past.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment