Pages

Search blog and web

Sanity check, please....

Does conflict with an ex-spouse ever end? Sheesh!

Short bio: EXW had affair, walked out...

My ex and I have joint custody with my 12 year old, with the split being 70/30, in her favor. She recently told me that she is headed out of town for a week soon and I would have to take my son. I had already made plans for the week but managed to reschedule many of them to help her out. Her head began to spin and went on a 3-day emotional spasm, telling me how much I disregard my son...I don't spend enough time with him...how this is HIS need, not hers...I should be there for him...I'm a worthless father...yadda...yadda.

Ideally, we would have a relationship where there's a mutual respect, but there really is none. Everything seems so black/white to her...no middle ground. Am I wrong in thinking she should have had some level of responsibility for finding care for the times I couldn't be there, if for no other reason it was just her visitation time? She made the announcement that she's simply leaving that Monday, and ready or not, I have him.

She's pulled similar stunts before, mainly with her JPA scheduled holidays that coincide with my weekends. She simply refuses to take him. I just keep him in those cases...it's not worth the fight, but I tell ya, the more I bend for the sake of harmony, the more I seem to enable worse behavior from her.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment