Pages

Search blog and web

Have you ever meet an ex/old flame after a long time?

*sorry, I posted this earlier in the wrong sub-section.

There was this girl who I absolutely fell for in school about a year ago.. We never went out, but we were had such a wonderful time together; She was my first love, she was so funny, and she was also someone I could be weird with, she made me so happy.. but I digress!

Anyway, due to her having to leave school to resit her A-levels elsewhere, we were split up; Although I had no passionate feelings for her after about 4-5 months, It took me a staggering 9 months to fully get over her, in the 'completely forgotten about her' sense (I remember getting butterflies in my stomach after thinking I'd seen her in town after the 8 month mark).

So, about 12-14 months had passed since we'd met in person (we'd exchanged texts occasionally in that time, but nothing engaging) and out of curiosioty, I arranged to meet up with her and a mutual friend, purely as friends, to see how she'd changed, and I guess to see whether two people can re-establish chemistry after so long..

To my amazement, we definitely clicked as we did before, even after all this time.. she did mention this herself too. Ofcourse, aside from nostalgia and being moved, no 'feelings' were there between us; I don't believe you can fall for someone in a day anyway. Even given time, I really don't know if they'd come back or not, but the laughs we used to get are still there for sure, and that's all that matters from a friendship perspective. So, should I keep touch now? Good friendship to have in life, or best left in the past? Opinions please? http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/7.5/im...lies/smile.png I'd hoped to simply have a one-off catch up to see how she is (plus, it's not fair on her bf, right?), but she'd like to keep regular contact and i'm pondering th e idea.

But what I'd most like to know is: Have you guys/gals ever met an old flame or an ex? How did it go? Did you re-ignite the spark or not?

Also, how long did it take you to get over your first love? Do you still keep in touch?

I would really appreciate your tales, I love these sorts of stories! ^_^

Thanks for reading, everyone.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment