Pages

Search blog and web

He shuts me out completely...

OK, a little background about me and my husband. We are both in our 30s, married for 6 years with no kids.

I am a freelancer who works from home, he's an engineer who works long hours. Typically 7.30 pm - 7.30 am, sometimes longer. And he has a part time business which require him to work on weekend every fortnight. Crazy, I know. But hey this is Asia.

I don't really get along well with his family members. I don't hate them, but let's say I prefer to stay at home than attending family gathering. They are very close to each other, and I often feel out of place there.

So...

About two months ago he got really mad with me. He said I don't accept his family and I don't do my part as a family members. I was quite shocked as he is usually good tempered. I thought it through, and apologize to him. He accepted. I am determined to stop being so selfish and improve my relationship with his family members. I figure I will need to take things slowly to prove myself. Many of the family members stay in another cities, and we don't meet often, but I was positive at that time.

few days ago we got into a fight again. He was stuck in a meeting and came home late. I was upset. He burst out again. He said over the years I have been unreasonable and never accept his job. Then he completely shut me out, refused to speak to me and answer my text message. After two days I apologized to him, and ask for forgiveness. This time he's not convinced, he said how can he trust me when I did not keep up to the promise I made two months ago?

He throws some serious questions: "ask yourself what you really want? what kind of husband you want? if you cannot accept my family and my job, then it means that you cannot accept me."

:(

I don't know what else to say. I told him what I want is to be with him, but he refused to communicate anymore. I acknowledge my mistake and I want to change, still he shuts me out completely. I feel that he has been unhappy with me for a long time, and the two events above are trigger points.

I m feeling really lonely and hopeless now. As mentioned earlier I work from home, and I don't go out often. If he doesn't talk to me, I can go one day without a single word.

Thanks for listening. :o




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment