Pages

Search blog and web

Do I tell him what I'm thinking?

I have been with my boyfriend for 1 year now. I am 27 and this isn't my first serious relationship. I have had several short-term relationships plus one long-term relationship that lasted 6 years, but he cheated on me repeatedly so eventually I broke up with him. My current boyfriend though is a really good, nice person. We get on really well, I am still very attracted to him and whenever I am with him my anxiety disappears. I do love him and want us to work out.

However, often when he isn't there I feel anxious and dissatisfied. He is 30 years old and still works as a barman. He never knows his working hours until the day before and they always clash with mine, so we can never make plans to go anywhere or do anything. I feel like it is wasting our lives. His coming in at 1am means I am also exhausted for my 9am job. He recently moved in with my and my flatmate but can't afford the rent because on top of his low wage he spends WAY too much on alcohol (although I recently brought this up with him and he says he will cut down, so we shall see) and he closed his bank account years ago so we (should I stay with him) will be financially screwed forever, as I understand it. I'm not materialistic, but not even having a bank account worries me.

So I don't know what to do. I love this man, he is kind and we get on and I wish it would work out. But being so completely restricted by his job and his irresponsibility make me anxious. I spoke to him already and he says he will do something about it but he never does. Should I tell him I'm now thinking of breaking up with him, leave it longer to see what happens, or just break up with him? I really would love it to work out. Another additional worry (although not the most important one!) is that I am 27, everyone I know is now settled down, and so I feel as though my meeting-someone-new ship has passed. Although I don't really want anyone new anyway. I have spoke to him about what worries me, and he agrees but then never does anything about it. So I just feel like a nag!




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment