Pages

Search blog and web

Where do you even start to end it all???

Hia, been married a while (nearly 24 years) oldest daughter at Uni and son (17) in the middle of important exams (has another year to go before he considers uni) so is now the "right" time to even consider divorce? Our daughter won't really be affected (she's nearly 20) because she's not here most of the time. How will our son feel? Will it affect his exams etc?

Anyway, that aside, where on EARTH does a couple start to end it when things hit rock bottom? I expect me and OH will remain friendly and on good terms, but we have a big house full of lovely memories. We have a loft FULL of the kids school work/artwork etc as they've grown up. Very little is either mine or his (like the furniture)

And financially, I've always relied on him to sort our finances/bills etc out. I have recently started a new job so that's causing some issues as I get settled in (part time but more responsibility which is daunting me) WHERE do we start to get our finances in order? He earns loads more than me.

I am going to open my own Bank account today (I think??) and transfer my future earnings over to that. I expect that's a good start.

It's just so sad that a lifetime of memories will just be wiped out like this. But it's been coming for a long time (for me) and now he's feeling it too.

But should we just try and live in harmony (it would be do-able) while our son concentrates on his exams? He's working so hard neither of us want to do anything to jeopardise this.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment