Pages

Search blog and web

A question about dinner tonight

Hi Everyone, here is my challenge.
My IL are in town tonight and my MIL doesn't always do well with boundaries. My husband is fairly supportive and tells her to stop. However, my husband sent me a text this morning and asked all of us to go to dinner tonight. It is my weekend with the kids. (I know it's because his parents want to see the kids more.) They live 4 hours away. Obviously, he has not included me in most of his plans with the kids. Of course, when its my weekend he asks me to come along. I understand that I need to set boundaries. And there have been occasions that I have said NO. But one of the challenges we are having is that my husband and I only seem to communicate about things like children, money, etc usually stressful stuff. We never get to spend time just hanging out and laughing and talking. Should I take advantage of this time for two reasons
1. to let him know that if he asks on my time....I come along (it might make him think twice next time.)
2. that he can spend some time with us just laughing and talking.

Down the road I would like us to try to really work on the marriage again.

HELP




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment