Pages

Search blog and web

How to stop myself from contacting my ex?

Hello everyone,
I was in a relationship with my ex for 2 years. Everything was great until I had to move to a different country for work. I will be here for another year or so. We decided to try the long distance thing but it didnt work out as he cheated on me with another girl. At first I was really angry but decided to remain friends with him as I do care about him deeply and as a friend he was really good. He is now dating this girl he slept with. Despite still being in love with him, I continue talking to him on a daily basis ( IMS and phone calls).
Recently his attitude is really bothering me. There will be days when he will be super nice to me and some days he pretends I dont exist. He is having some problems with his girlfriend. She is a bit of a meanie according to him and has a problem with everything he does. They argue almost every single day and stop talking for days and then she apologizes and he takes her back etc. This is an ongoing cycle with them.
I have always encouraged him to talk to her about whats bothering her and if he really likes her they should compromise and work things. I am bothered because I feel like I am not really his friend but an option to him. When he is having a bad time with her, he is really nice to me and when they are good, he forgets I exist. I am hurt by the fact that despite what he did to me, I try and remain a good friend and he is only good to me when things are not perfect in his current relationship.
A few days ago we had a major argument. He was talking about her and said there was a habit of her that he found really cute and I remembered I did the same thing and he hated it. I said u hated that about me and suddenly you like it? He said some nasty things to me and even went as far as to say, I dont give a shit about our past.
I also dont want to go back in our past but i think my questioning him was justified in the sense that he gave me grief about something I did and give someone else a lot of love when they do the same thing.
I now want to forget him and move on. I tried to be a good friend and only want to be friends with him but still dont want to hear that the love I gave him was shit. I know that no contact is the best way but how do I stop myself from writing to him. How do I get out of an emotionally depressing relationship. I just dont have the will power to stop myself. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment