Pages

Search blog and web

How To? Need Help....

How do you guys handle the parenting while separated?....
I'm a little frustrated and here's my scenario....

We have 3 children 8, 4, 1 and half and I'm 7 months pregnant with our 4th....

We are waiting to have our first appt with a therapist and trying to figure some things out...

He feels that we should not live together while we hash some of our issues out with a therapist first and I feel like I need my partner here right now more than anything.
I work full time and am this close to being put on bedrest with my gestational diabetes and need help and to be loved and be told everything will be ok.... (i'm a bit emotional right now lol)

He works a part time job in the evening and goes to school at the moment during the other evenings....but full time job will be starting soon and semester at school is almost over.

He feels that while he lives apart he will pay for the childcare which equates to $600/month (cheap neighbor who is awesome).

However during that time- I will cover all other financial responsibilities and get kids up and outta house...
I am also supposed to do every evening and every other weekend as well if not all of them as he does not currently have a place for the kids to sleep on weekends. I even offered my home to him on his weekends without me here (which he turned down).

I am frustrated and wondering if it's just me?

Does this seem fair?

I asked him so what about during the week? You get to come home after working a full day and have your own free time in evening? And every other weekend. He says "yes... what am I supposed to do? Come here to your house? It's my free time and you can't impose on it." He says it's a jealousy thing and says well it's unreasonable for him to have to pay for childcare then if he takes them for a bit on evening weekends...I feel it's unfair.

I'm sure there are others out there dealing with the same schtick....any input? Is it unfair or realistic.....is it the typical male thing to do? am I being irrational and should suck it up?

I need advice.:scratchhead:




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment