Pages

Search blog and web

And I thought she completely got it...

(Vent warning)

I've gone on and on about how proud I am with the changes that she's made, saying how she's a completely different person, etc. Which is largely true but now that our divorce is looming over her, I see the same f'ed up behavior that reminds me that my decision to divorce is a good one. For instance:

1. She won't tell her dad why we are divorcing. Based on her f'ed up FOO issues, I'm sure he thinks I am leaving her for someone else. In fact, as I mentioned in another thread, her mom tried to convince her to tell her grandmother that I was leaving for my "girl friend" so it wouldn't surprise me if that's the story to her dad. Same for the kids (while I agree they don't need to know) she wants me to take full responsibility for the decision.

2. She places the marriage ending squarely on my shoulders making comments that I am the one deciding to leave and if I would have tried to make the marriage work after she did all her work, that we would have made it.

3. She's telling partial truths on another infidelity forum suggesting that I don't think I should pay child support. The part that she's leaving out is that she wants me to pay 4X what is required by the state on top of another $30K of expenses. I am self employed so my income fluctuates from very big to very small and while it wouldn't be an issue now, who knows what it will be like in 12 months. Oh yeah, and she is a very talented attorney so has the potential to make as much if not more than me if she really tried.

Am I overreacting? I guess I'm so focused on the truth now that any time I sense another lie - even one by omission - I go off. Thank god I'll be meeting with my therapist soon.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment