Pages

Search blog and web

Should I hire a process server for my divorce?

My husband lives in a different state and I talked to a process server in his county yesterday but when I went to my county's courthouse they said I had to use a court appointed warning officer from my state...but all he is going to do is send the papers by certified mail and then the judge wont be able to enforce a property division and he told me the clerks were wrong and I can hire my own server so Im confused. But he advised me to just do it this way and then file a motion for default divorce after 50 days...my problem with this is we have a joint car loan on a car that hubby has thats the only property I want legally divided. What are my options here? If he doesn't make the payment can I tell the lender Im not paying and get the car repo'd? I just dont want to live in fear hubby is financially irresponsible and I have worked hard for good credit so Im considering hiring the server anyway on top of the court appointed warning officer. Would ap preciate advice as I'm doing self-prepared divorce papers.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment