Pages

Search blog and web

Online Dating After Seperation...

I'm currently going through a divorce. We really haven't been a happy couple since August of 2011 and have basically been living apart since April of 2012. I've tried to make things work by talking and setting up counseling but she's not into it. I have no regrets in that matter. We had no kids.

In October I finally took the plunge into online dating. I put my relationship status as separated which is the truth but I also wrote that there wasn't a chance of us getting back together.

I'm on 3 dating sites. In almost 6 months I think I've written to well over 100 girls of all types. Single moms, divorcees, widows, never been married, etc.. I'm not looking for quick hook ups, I'm looking for a real relationship and I only contact girls that appear to want the same and seem to have the same mentality as me.

I've only received responses from a small handful of girls. I consider myself to be an attractive man and I go out of my way to read and respond to their profiles and ask questions about it. It's very frustrating, especially when you're contacting single mom's. It's doubly frustrating when you see these girls on the website all the time AFTER you contact them and they don't respond. Maybe they wouldn't have to be on the website if they wrote me back. :)

Some girls contact me first but 99 times out of 100 they are not my type. I don't want to sound like an a hole, but let's just say that most of these girls that contact me first are not the thinnest of girls and that's not my type at all.

I've really only gotten into a deeper conversation with one girl and we went out 3 times and it went no where. No chemistry between us at all. The whole thing just felt really weird.

Last week I resorted to changing my relationship status to divorced. I did it because we practically are divorced. We're living apart and she has everything she wants from the house already. I have a lawyer and he's working on the papers. All we need are some signatures and the process is done. I will say that I think I've had a little more interest in girls since the change but it's only been about a week. I exchanged a few emails with one girl and after about the second email I explained my relationship status and she didn't seem to mind as long as I didn't have any crazy ex drama which there shouldn't be. Then again, I haven't heard from her in a few days. lol

I understand that many girls get a lot of emails from different guys daily so I'm up against a lot of competition. It's just that after 6 months of doing this I thought I would have had better results.

It's all a crap shoot too. If a girl doesn't respond to me should I just move on? Should I try contacting her again in a week or so? Is she going to appreciate the fact that I'm contacting her a second time or is she going to think it's creepy. Like I said, it's a crap shoot.

One girl wrote that she loved Billy Joel in her profile. I wrote her saying I've been to many Billy Joel concerts and I asked her what her favorite song was. She emailed me back, "Ewww, that's creepy."

Can someone explain to me how I was being creepy? lol

Anyway, if you read this whole thing then thank you. It's just another lonely Saturday night for me.....




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment